ROLE OF COUNCIL MEMBERS
CBA-New Brunswick is governed by its own person Council. The Council elects the officers, approves the budget and determines policy for the New Brunswick Branch as a whole. Council members are from all parts of New Brunswick and represent all areas of law and legal interests.
The Council consists of the following persons who are residents of the province:
Voting members of the Executive Committee
- 11 members elected by the members of the Branch as follows:
- One member elected from each of the following judicial districts: Bathurst; Campbellton; Edmundston; Miramichi; and Woodstock
- Two members elected from each of the following judicial districts: Fredericton; Moncton; and Saint John
- The chair of each section, conference and standing or special committee
- A student representative from each of the Province's law schools
- The dean of each of the Province's law schools or his or her designate
- The president of the Law Society or his or her designate
- The Attorney General of the Province or his or her designate
- Past-presidents of the branch
- Past-presidents of CBA National
- Members of standing committees of CBA National
- Other members of the branch that Council may appoint by resolution
The term of an elected member of Council is two years. He or she may be elected for a maximum of three consecutive terms.
Council Members 2020-2021
Isabel Lavoie Daigle
Shannon Doran, Q.C.
Hugh J. Cameron
Ellen C. Desmond
Morganne A. Foley
J. Paul M. Harquail
Julie G. Leblanc Hultburg
Tiffany Mackay French
Francis W. McBrearty
Conor R. O’Neil
John C. Pappas
Peter CJ White
CHAIR OF STANDING OR SPECIAL COMMITTEES
Danie Roy, Q.C.
Deirdre Wade, Q.C.
DEAN OF EACH OF THE PROVINCES LAW SCHOOLS OR HIS OR HER DESIGNATE
Michael Marin (Acting)
A STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE FROM EACH OF THE PROVINCE’S LAW SCHOOLS
Tom Walsh – UNB
Tristian Gaudet -UdeM
THE PRESIDENT OF THE LAW SOCIETY OF NB
Richard Williams, Q.C.
NON VOTING MEMBERS
René Basque, Q.C.
Hélène Beaulieu, Q.C.
Scott Brittain, Q.C.
Hon. Ted Flemming, Q.C.
Hon. Denise LeBlanc
John D. Logan, Q.C.
David O’Brien, Q.C.
Deloras O’Neill, Q.C.
Ann Whiteway Brown, Q.C.