CBA-NB is seeking nominations for the Distinguished Service Award and the E. Neil McKelvey Q.C. Pro Bono and Volunteer Service Award.
Deadline for Nominations is December 14, 2018.
The Awards are to be presented at the Mid-Winter Meeting President’s Dinner in Fredericton, New Brunswick on Friday, February 8, 2019.
Eligibility Canadian Bar Association membership is a prerequisite. There are no posthumous awards
The CBA NB Distinguished Service Award
The CBA-NB Distinguished Service Award recognizes exceptional contributions and/or achievements by any lawyer, residing in New Brunswick:
- To the province's legal profession
- To the law or development of the laws in the province
- To jurisprudence in New Brunswick or Canada
- Of significant law-related benefit to the residents of New Brunswick, or
- To the Canadian Bar Association
The E. Neil McKelvey, Q.C. Pro Bono and Volunteer Service Award
The E. Neil McKelvey, Q.C. Pro Bono and Volunteer Service Award recognizes outstanding pro bono legal and/or volunteer services to the community by a lawyer residing in New Brunswick.
Nomination Procedure for Awards
- A letter of nomination including full details as to why the individual should receive the award.
- A concise curriculum vitae of the nominee must be included.
- Each nomination must be accompanied by three letters of support from CBA members stating reasons for the candidate’s nomination.
- The full name, business & home address, telephone, fax and e-mail information of both the nominee and the three nominators shall be included with the nomination.
Please send your nominations by email to Denise Cameron, CBA-NB Executive Director or by mail:
Executive Director, CBA-NB
422 York Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 3P7